October 17, 2020

'No One Helped' by Bithi

Everyone heard my cries for help.
The sky cried with me.
The moon shed tears.
The gentle breeze became the west wind.
The thunderstorm screamed with me.
The lightning seared the dark night.

Human hearts did not care.
They laughed at my distress
Amassing wealth using my helplessness.
I almost smiled listening to their sounds of pleasure.
Almost.
Because, Death will extinguish one day
All of my tears and all of their laughter.

I could not smile though.
Because, no one helped me.
Our death will not change the truth.
Even our Creator became blind to all the wrongs.
I had prayers, but, no one to pray to.

No one helped…


Copyright 2020 by Bithi Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul is available as eBook and Paperback on the online Amazon Book or Kindle Store of your cou...

Popular Posts from this Site