April 25, 2020

'A Question' by Bithi

Hello

All the children in the world do not have a happy childhood. A sad reality of life.

Thanks

Bithi



Can I ask you a question?
Why do you say – “I want my childhood back”?
What is so desirable about the childhood?
I want to grow up as soon as possible.
Because, I can’t stay,
Another day,
With an empty stomach.
I don’t want the police,
To wake me up at midnight,
For sleeping on the footpath.
I don’t want to freeze to the bones,
And see the shops
Full of winter clothes.
But, do you know,
What I want more
Than foods, a bed and clothes?
I want to smile,
At least for a day,
Like that boy who is smiling,
On the park swing,
With his parents
Who won’t let him fall.


Copyright 2020 by Bithi Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul is available as eBook and Paperback on the online Amazon Book or Kindle Store of your cou...

Popular Posts from this Site