May 2, 2020

'Dancing in the Rain' by Bithi

Hello

Rain has the best rhythm for dancing.

Staying drenched in rain too long is not healthy, though.

Thanks

Bithi



It’s raining outside.
I’m in my room,
Listening to a song about the rain.
I remember, when I was younger,
I used to dance in the rain.
Raindrops would fall
In my face, like a caress.
My heart would fill
With joy and peace.
Mom would scold me
If I’d sneeze afterward.
I’d retort that
It’s worth it.
Nowadays, I forget
Even to see the rain.
But, today, the music of the rain
Invites me to dance again.
So, I’m dancing in the rain.
And it feels like I’ve never stopped.


Copyright 2020 by Bithi Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul

Waiting for Her Prince: A Novella by Bithi Paul is available as eBook and Paperback on the online Amazon Book or Kindle Store of your cou...

Popular Posts from this Site